Main Photo

Main Photo
Photograph: Alexus S. Kilpack

Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Box

I stand on a point which shifts my views on the Box as it travels through time and space.  Most times my perception is looking onto the outer walls of the Box, the face of which will change my thoughts as shadows and light are cast upon them.  Other times I stand on a point within the Box, this is where I see all walls no matter where space has placed me.  When I stand from without I am limited to the number of sides I can place my gaze, yet this is where nothing seems to stay the same and what is reflected off the outer walls will change constantly.

The interior of the Box is very predictable as to what I'll see, and in most cases I find it rare to discover something new now that I have grown familiar with the contents.  I must say though that it has almost always stood true that I have found comfort within for I will only occasionally grow skeptical of what I see.  Anything out of place within the Box is usually due to what I bring into it from the outside, things of which can drastically change my perception.  These waves of changes will affect the interior but will not remain for long periods of time, the result of which will only add to my visions of the exterior.

The exterior of the Box is very unpredictable and will catch my mind by surprise without fail.  In most instances I am left with curiosity and wonder in what it is I see, but at times the shadows will simply fool me.  When wound up in questions due to my lack of knowledge in the things I see by looking outward, I can find myself feeling as if I were standing in pits as I struggle to understand and make sense of these things.  As uncomfortable as the outer points may seem it is due to this constant stretching of self and gazing beyond that keeps me alive.

The Box drifts through time and space without any destination or meaning.  I do not have any control as to whether I'd be standing inside or out, but perhaps I am yet to reach a time when I am able to do so.  There is no preference that I hold as to where I prefer to stand, and I think it's best to say that by having no choice I will discover much more.





E.M.A

No comments:

Post a Comment