Main Photo

Main Photo
Photograph: Alexus S. Kilpack

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Invisible Friend

  Many days go by before one hears of me, sees me, or even knows whether or not I am still on the face of Earth.  The curious friend might wonder where I have been, while the worrisome friend will fear that one day they will come to learn of a tragedy.  Honestly I do not care much to share the places I go, nor do I ever expect you to feel as if I have disappeared from your lives.

The Invisible Friend always wishes to stay near and involved in the lives of his friends, hoping that he will continue to have opportunities to build further memories like the ones already shared.  It is always of much importance to him that his friends are happy, and that they will live out successful experiences with little to no regrets as they look back on their history. Nothing would be greater than seeing the dreams of friends come true, and that their aspirations are never done in vain.

It hurts to hear of miserable times a friend must endure, and it breaks ones heart to know that time cannot be rewound for their sake nor can it be skipped, much unlike the streams of recordings you see everyday.  Good memories are always wanting to be captured while those less desirable are attempted to be forgotten or left behind.  As the Invisible Friend it is impossible to always be there, and the majority of the time it feels as if much has been missed when in the attempt to bring comfort. Though these memories cannot be erased, if it were possible for the Invisible Friend to do so then he would without hesitation upon a friends request, regardless of the experience that may be lost for it could always be gained in much more preferable ways.

Never feel sad if I am not around when you would like me to be, or if reunions have long lengths of time between.  I would hate for you to forget what my face looks like, or to feel that I could do a million times better to stay in close contact.  I am always here, and I want you to feel that I am always there for you when you need me.  My friendship I strive to never break, and that forever it will remain warm & bright like those summer days we know so well.



E.M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment