Main Photo

Main Photo
Photograph: Alexus S. Kilpack

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Owl In The Stump

Out here in the midst of desert sand, towering stones, and far away from the places we call home, I can see life in such a simple form.

Out here in the long stretch of the sun I forget about time, and the pressure of the things that do not matter which stand in line at my door.

Out here under visible stars I can breathe deep, there are no tears to weep so long as I have your company to keep.

Out there life becomes so difficult and complicated, insomuch that in result we enter our adult years searching for purpose in strange ideas and dark cults.

Out there happiness is confused with money and jewels, now so suddenly the weasel has dug mazes through what matters most, with no concern for you.

Out there we are a mess, scrambling to secure our own, doing whatever possible to place on others large debts so to claim that they owe.

I see it all so clearly now, but I'll do what I can to lead us through, to keep you happy & free.



Ervin M. Amaya
                                                                                           Photograph: Alexus S. Kilpack

No comments:

Post a Comment